Thursday, November 3, 2011

All I want in a man is a worthy priesthood holder who takes the standards of the church seriously.

In my book, that means:

Don’t watch R-rated movies, TV shows that are the equivalent of R-rated, or play video games that are the equivalent of R-rated (please no shooter games, ugh); in fact, please stay away from distasteful PG-13 things as well. Don’t listen to vulgar music. Don’t swear. Keep the word of wisdom. Respect and keep the law of chastity. Respect women. Honor your priesthood and your role as a priesthood holder. Be honest. Love the Gospel.

I’m not asking a man to keep any standards that I won’t keep, and I’d rather be alone than settle.

I want someone who is willing to be the provider in the family, someone who understands my desire to be a stay-at-home mom. I'm not asking for him to speak a second language, sing well, play the piano, be rich or anything else outlandish, just for someone who is always wanting to learn and grow. I'm not asking for perfection.

I'll find that love someday, I know I will, I just have to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment