Monday, April 1, 2013

News All Around

I'm fairly sure that I've told everyone all of this news, but I want to document it anyway. At the beginning of this month, I got a job! Then, I found out that I got into BYU's Law School! Shortly after that, I found out that I got half scholarship! Basically, I'm incredibly blessed. Right now, I'm working at an alarm company's call center, Vivint, and actively seeking other employment. I am grateful to have a job, but my entire job is talking on the phone. I barely enjoy talking on the phone with people I like, I hate calling to order food, and so, needless to say, I'm not the biggest fan of talking on the phone for my job. I also have been getting limited hours in the job. I worked only 18 hours last week; I was scheduled for 32.
I may have already found a field of law that I want to specialize in, too! At the very least, there is a program that is done through the law school that I want to be involved in-- the International Center for Law and Religion Studies. It's absolutely fantastic. The whole mission is to create and maintain religious freedom all over the world via the law. They also help to forward worldwide humanitarian efforts. Getting people what they need and protecting religious rights? That's my kind of work.

Other than that, I never thought I could be this excited about going to law school. I've met some of my future classmates, toured the law school, met the dean and a few other professors, and even sat in on a class. I'm so ready to get going! I finally feel like maybe, just maybe, I can make a real difference. I can change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment