Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Colonel Brandon

I have found within the pages of Jane Austin's Sense and Sensibility a kindred spirit: Colonel Brandon. Albeit I am only 50 pages into the book, a couple of statements about him rang true for me.
"Brandon is just the kind of man... Whom every body speaks well of, and nobody cares about; whom all are delighted to see, and nobody remembers to talk to"
And
Brandon is "a very respectable man who has every body's good word and nobody's notice"
Now, not to say that this is true on all levels, but it does feel quite familiar to me, especially in the realm of--dare I say it--dating. 
Many will mistake this as a complaint (it's not) so I won't be advertising this post. It is merely an observation. On the bright side of it all, Colonel Brandon is played by Alan Rickman in the BBC adaptation.
Rumor has it that he finds love in the end :)

2 comments:

  1. Colonel Brandon is AMAZING!!! And hey... he still got his woman, even if it was in his later years :)

    ReplyDelete