Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hot Air Balloons and True, True Friends

Hot Air Balloons
6:30 a.m. this morning, I get a call from my friend Alisha. It being so early, I silence my phone and don't answer it. (Sorry, Alisha!) Then, as I'm about to slip back into slumber for another hour, my phone goes off twice--indicating that I have a voicemail. "Oh, this must be important!", I think to myself. So, I listen to it and Alisha says, "Hi, Melissa! I know it's like, super early. I just wanted to tell you that there's a hot air balloon outside of our apartment...". Immediately upon hearing this, I open the curtain to my bedroom window. Much to my delight, a rainbow colored hot air balloon is indeed flying fairly close to our complex. I was so happy; I am still smiling about it!
 For those of you who aren't aware, I have a bit of an obsession with things that fly--most especially hot air balloons, kites, and birds.

True, True Friends
I love my friends; I really love them so incredibly much. My move out here would never have been the same without the companionship I've had from these amazing people. Last night, I went on a walk with Ashley; there is nothing quite like someone deciding that they want to spend time with you. It is so wonderful to be thought of and to get a bit of fresh air. 
Sometimes you just need chocolate and something to watch to cheer you up. Last night was one of those nights. I'll let you in on a secret, surefire way to cheer me up: ponies. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, to be exact. My wonderful roommate Rebecca watched 3 episodes with me and even seemed to enjoy it! It's so much better when you're not watching it alone. She is a true, true friend.
Warning: this song will probably be stuck in your head all day.

1 comment:

  1. I loooooove My Little Pony. Best. Show. Ever.

    ReplyDelete